I'm only following orders. Jane's blog said that if I had a blog I had to do it. Shoot, now everyone knows I've been lurking. Aaaanyways. It's a Christmas get to know you thing. Since Christmas is only 27 days away, I think it's ok.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bag?
Wrapping wrapping wrapping!!! Gifts bags are for the un-creative! Wrapping with sharp corners and lots of ribbon, and sometimes pretty bows. But always wrapping.
2. Real tree or artificial?
When I have my own house it will be real. At this point it is not, and I am temporarily sad.
3. When do you put up your tree?
The first weekend in December! And luck for me, it's the 1st this weekend! ( I have a rule: No Christmas till Dec. 1st)
4. When do you take down your tree?
Mmm usually the first weekend in Jan.
5. Do you like eggnog?
GAG! so, no.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
My bike. My sister and I both got bikes one Christmas, it was probably the best ever. They were big-girl-bikes, so they were special. Also meant we couldn't ride around the living room, although we tries and were stopped after only a few decorative casualties.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
No, I have very few decorations outside of the overdone tree.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
Auntie Barb. Hands down.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Shannon. I'm having to stop myself from buying anything else.
10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received?
Every year my family does this really fun gift exchange. Everyone buys a generic gift values at approx. $50 and then we play a game to see who get which one. There is one person who always cheaps out, and another who has her own sense of style. Every year I get one of their gifts. The stained glass candle holders that looked like water pitchers. Or the matching salad tongs and picture frame..... just in case you want your picture frame to go with your salad.....
11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail! I like to put up all the cards and look at them :)
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
The Santa Clause. Number 1. ooh and the old cartoons, they are awesome too.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Um, well a while ago already. Actually I'm almost done and it's still a month away.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
I would never.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Mmmm Grandma Whitey's Un-Bake Chocolate cake. It reminds me of Christmas.
16. White or coloured lights?
I've converted to all white this year. Something is wrong with me. But I have all new tree decorations and they are brightly colored so I didn't want to bombard everyone with color. Oh, whatever, I think it's pretty when all the lights inside and out are white.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
18. Travel for Christmas or stay home?
HOME! Traveling for Christmas is just wrong! What about family?? Hello!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers?
20. Angel or Star on top of tree?
I have nothing yet this year. At home we had this thing that I think was supposed to be a star. But it looked like one of those things they try to sell to kids at the Icecapades. So yeah, I'll stick with star for now.
21. Open presents Christmas Eve or Morning?
Christmas Morning. We tried every year to get our parents to let us open just one on Christmas eve....no go.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The bustle. It's so busy, it's hard to enjoy the good stuff.
23. What I love most about Christmas?
The family stuff. I know, weird hey. I actually like my family though. And exchanging gifts with my sister, we're fun.