Monday, April 21, 2008

Fun Monday?

Ok, so as I have been lurking the blogosphere (is that a word? I think I read it somewhere) I have discovered this thing called Fun Monday. Someone picks a topic or asks a questions and everyone else posts in response. You are supposed to link back to the original post so that everyone knows who posted and can read yours...but I'm not going to just yet. Give me a few weeks and lets see if I can keep this up before I make myself known to the internet.

Go here to read about Fun Mondays

So here is the question:
What have you done in your life that was worth doing? I want to know the moments in your life that you hope will be the ones to pass through your mind when your time comes. I hope that doesn't sound too morbid. This doesn't necessarily have to be items you have checked off your Bucket List, it can be those small moments that made you smile, or the time you got that huge promotion you deserved, or the first time your baby smiled at you out of pure joy. I want to know all the moments, big and small, that make life sweet!



When I think about the things that will likely go screaming across my mind in THE END, very few of them are the things I've done "worth doing". The majority are those I experienced as a result of another's kind heart.

I would think of all the beer league baseball games my mom and I went to and watched my dad. The time I scraped my knee on the sidewalk and the loud and crazy lady with the St. Bernard that even though she played waaay out in the field you could always hear her, got out the team's first aid kit and bandaged my 'wound'. Or the way it felt when Oli would give me airplane rides in the middle of the field. Maybe when they let me be the team's bat girl, even though I wasn't as fast as some of the boys who wanted to do it.

I would remember every detail of my wedding day. Now that was something worth doing.

I would remember long talks and late nights with Smelly.

I would remember Short Buddy Hugs.

I would remember the smells. The smell of the cologne my dad has worn since I was a kid. Hang Ten and Febreeze. Hawaiian Ginger. Campfire.

I would remember the way it felt sleeping in a cabin, or on a trampoline under the stars.

I would remember the Views. Eagle Mountain, Westminster Abby, Thank you Smell.

I will remember laughs. The BURST, the silent shaker, and the squeaky fan...

I will remember the smiles most of all.

Wow, this better be one heck of a looong 'moment'. Either that, or I'll just spend eternity with these on my mind... yeah, that would be okay too.

No comments: