Tuesday, September 28, 2010

7 Months preggo

And I get laid off. Yup, they laid off a pregnant woman! So my last day was April 30, which was super disappointing because it meant I couldn't finish out the school year with my kids. I was really lucky in that I had some amazing youth leaders that were willing to step up and take over, but I really wanted to be the one to do it!

I went into the EI office to figure out what my next step should be, because the church assured me that I could start my mat leave up to 11 weeks early. Which would have been okay, except for the fact that it means I have to go back to work 11 weeks early! I was given a different story when I went to the EI office which sounded too good to be true involving going on unemployment first and then Mat leave. Turns out, I still have to go back to work 11 weeks early, and the person I talked to was a crazy. Fast forward a couple months, 2 bills for benefits I received but apparently shouldn't have, 10 phone calls to discover that I WAS entitled to those benefits, 1 more bill and one more phone call to sort out the crazies later... I still have to go back to work in May.

Now the dilemma is what to do come May! Do I go back to work and put my 8 month old in day care? Part time? Full Time? Do I stay at home until he's a year and forfeit the income? Oh, wait. Can't do that cause we are now an extra 50 000 in debt. (more on that later).

What to do, what to do?

No comments: