Wednesday, June 11, 2008

By the way..

3 words does not make a sentence! Well, at least most of the time anyway.

I went to get my eyebrows done yesterday. I've been going to the same place for over a year now, and I'm usually able to get the same girl. She wasn't working yesterday. I had never met the girl who was able to take me, but I hoped it wouldn't be a problem. The 'Help Wanted' sign in the window should have been a clue. Employers looking to hire often get desperate when they are short staffed, and this seems to be the case here as well.

When she was ready for me I was not asked to follow her, or anything even similar. She waited until she caught my eye and then pointed to the chair. Okay, I thought, maybe she's not a chatty one. Now I'd say that was an understatement.

Eyebrow Girl: Clean them?

Me: I'm sorry?

EG: Clean them?

Me: Are you asking if I cleaned them? ( As she is reaching for a cotton ball and sanitizer) .

EG: *sigh* Do you want me to clean them up? ( Points to wax)

Me: Uh, yes. I believe that would be the point of my visit. ( No, I want you to get rid of them all together, take it all!)

EG: OK, finished

Me: You missed (pointing) here, here and here

EG: You didn't ask.

Me: Excuse me?

EG: People have to ask me.

Me: okay.. (waiting ) so.. can you do it?

EG: I guess

She better not wonder why there was no tip.


2 comments:

Becs said...

Good grief. I hope you didnt pay too much!

raych said...

Ye gads.