Monday, November 29, 2010

Weekend Adventure.

Apparently I forgot to blog about our adventure to Grandma and Grandpa's house last weekend. The Munchkin and I headed out to visit Grandma and Grandpa for the weekend so that I could go to my cousins baby shower. It also gave Hubby the opportunity to have some time to himself and, as his co-worker put it, "nerd it up" with his brother. They stayed home and played computer games until 5am, while I stayed at my parents :)

We dropped Hubby off at work on Saturday (poor guy) and started our 45 minute drive to Grandma and Grandpa's house. We hung out for a bit and then I put the little mad down for a nap while Roller Auntie and I went out for some amazing sushi. Sushi is the one thing I really missed being pregnant. Well that...and wine. This place was a little different than I had ever had before. In my Philadelphia roll, instead of the usual avocado and cucumber this one had a bean and red pepper. The bean was super crunchy, but I poked the red pepper out with my chop stick.

Then it was time to head home, get The Munchkin and go see Cousin Auntie Gourmet. She is an amazing cook, so we went over to make dinner and try out a new recipe. She has a food blog with her cousin, and they try all sorts of great things. We made bacon and tomato carbonara, and it was so good I made it again for Hubby a few days later.

The Munchkin fell asleep while we were cooking, so Maggie took the opportunity to checkout the tiny loud human. After dinner Auntie Gourmet, soon to by Uncle K ( who needs a better name), the Munchkin and I went back to Grandma and Grandpa's to hang out, eat some more food that's probably bad for us and watch a movie. Grandma and Grandpa were out for the evening so we had the run of the place. Roller Auntie decided to join us after her plans to watch the hockey game fell through. We ate far to much junk, including the best brownies ever... and addicting cheese, and then watched possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I had hear good things too, but I should have known that with Zeffron as the star it was bound to be pretty horrible.
We had a good time talking through all the 'touching moments' and making our own ridiculous predictions. All in all it was a pretty good evening. That is until Grandma got home... but I'll tell you that story later.

Link

No comments: