Friday, October 1, 2010

Bringing baby home.

Bringing the Munchkin home wasn't nearly as terrifying as I thought it would be. Before my own I had held one baby, and it was not a newborn. Everything came fairly naturally, and what didn't Hubby and I figured out together.

Sleep became a luxury, and pj's became clothing. Hubby had the first two weeks off, so I had full time help. He was amazing! He did all the cooking and cleaning. He woke up early every morning and took the Munchkin downstairs for a few hours so I could get some solid sleep. I think it was really good for their bonding too.

Hubby was the first recipient of a poosplosion. It came out the legs and up the front and back of Munchkins' diaper. I laughed, but was initiated into the club a few days later. You can hear them happen from across the room. It sounds like pudding being forced through a garden hose sprayer at top speed. Surprisingly, neither of us has tossed our cookies yet. I'm sure there is still time.

No comments: