Monday, May 12, 2008

Fun Monday

I mentioned earlier that I was excited about this Fun Monday. Now that's it's here I'm having the usual issues remembering all the lovely things I was going to write.

This week Fun Monday is hosted by Sauntering Soul

I know we all try to be sweet and kind to people the majority of the time. But let's face it....we also know that sometimes we can be a big jerk. It could be that you experience road rage from time to time. Perhaps you empty the coffee pot at work some mornings and don't feel like taking the time to start a new pot for the next person. Or maybe you don't return phone calls on a timely basis when you know someone needs a response from you. Have you ever "accidentally" ruined a favorite shirt of your spouse just because you didn't care for it? Come on - it's confession time! List the small things you do that make you a jerk and elaborate just a bit on each one. Please tell me I'm not the only jerk around here!


Let's get started!

1. Movie Store Jerk
When I used to work at video rental place, I had plenty of opportunity to be a jerk. And by that I mean there are so many ignorant, rude, intolerable people out there that make it easy to dislike them. First there would be the people who would walk in and demand I go find their movie for them.... for them I would wander the store for a few moments and return with a sad face telling them the movie was all out : ( I'm sure it was probably out there and if they had bothered to look for themselves they would have been able to go home and watch it.

Then there are the ones who would be rude and condescending for no good reason. I "forgot" to take the locks off their rentals before they left, just so they would have to come back and yell some more.

And I can hardly forget the regulars who would demand you check the drop off bin for them, just in case someone might have dropped off the movie that everyone else in the store has already asked for. I would of course diligently check both drop off bins, taking out all the rental cases recently dropped off, and accidentally missing the copy or two of the one they were looking for, only to go back and get it the moment they huffed away for the one person who had managed an ounce of patience while I served the customers ahead of them.

And last but not least, for the customer who would talk on their cell phone while throwing their video across the counter for you to deal with, I would play " I don't speak sign language" until they got off their cell phones long enough to give me the courtesy of a moment of their attention.

2. Driving Jerk

When people follow too closely behind for my comfort, I slow down below the speed limit until the clue in and back off. I like to drive fast, don't get me wrong, but when the guy behind me is so close that I can't even see his headlights, he needs to back the frick off!

3. Restaurant Jerk

When we go out to dinner, I have very low demands. However, if we get bad service I don't just give a lower tip... I don't tip at all! I don't tolerate rudeness very well..... just wait till I'm a mom!

4. Daughter Jerk

When I was a teen, if my mom asked me to do something I didn't want to I would always pretend I didn't hear her. Unfortunately for me, my husband also knows that game very well...

I'm sure I have a bunch more up my sleeve, but we'll leave it at that for tonight :)

No comments: