Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hey you, I love your soul

It's almost here!! I'm a Christmas Freak, I admit it! I'm still a little kid on the inside. I'm trying to think of all the exciting things that have happened in the past few days and I feel as though I'm coming up short.

Oooh I hung out with my Heather!! She's home for Christmas break ( see, there are a ton of reasons I love this time of year) and it's the first time I've seen her in over a year. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

I'm a novelaholic. I have two weeks off of work and I think I'm having an allergic reaction to all this time off. I mean..I cleaned out our laundry room/storage. Yeah. I have also been reading like a crazy person. Since the beginning of my time off.... today being day 4.. I've read 3 books, part way through the fourth.

When we were on our honeymoon I packed two or three books, under the assumption that I would read a little while we were on the beach. I didn't take into consideration that we would be there for two weeks. By the end of the first week I was without any books. So I discovered the activities center, and their meager library. This also lead me to the discovery of a new author. J.D. Robb. I later discovered that this was simply an alter ego of an already popular author, one whose writing I couldn't stand. I'm glad she discovered her alter ego. I don't enjoy the style of writing she uses in her popular books, but this other series is fantastic. It is set in the future about fifty years. The main character is this cop married to a billionaire.

I've also started reading "Wicked" based on a recommendation from a friend. I started reading it at the same time as of of the J.D. Robb ones, so it has been on the back burner for a bit. As soon as I run out of the others I'll get back to it.

I finished the new Dean Koontz one a couple weeks ago, "The Darkest Evening of the Year". Sooo Good! For those of you who don't know, I'm obsessed with Dean Koontz. I've read everything of his in reach. Some of the older stuff has been difficult to get my hands on, but I'm always working on it. In any case, the new one is great. A little disturbing, as usual, but amazing.

Yesterday I read the new Jeffrey Deaver one, "The Sleeping Doll". It's a 'spin-off' of another series I enjoy. Also, very good. After reading the first few chapters, I was skeptical. It seemed like the author had written himself into a corner. But No! It went in a direction I didn't expect. And it had one of those endings that, well, didn't. Every time you thought it was over, something else came up. A few things were predictable, but for the most part I couldn't put it down..... which it why I read it all in one day :P

You know who I have always loved? Margaret Atwood. Read "Moral Disorder" recently. Not one of my favorites. "Handmaids Tale", I think that's my favorite of hers. See, I don't love every book I read. I am capable of criticism.

I need another bookshelf desperately. All my books are double stacked. It makes me sad not to be able to spread them out in all their glory. So, pretty much I wrote all about books today. Sorry for all of you interested in the things really going on in my life. I wanted to talk about books.

Three Things:

1. Z Family Christmas on Monday
2. Walks with Layla
3. I get to see my family on Tuesday!!

No comments: