Friday, December 3, 2010

American Thanksgiving

Nana is American, so we get to celebrate both Canadian and American Thanksgivings! I'm not a huge fan of turkey, but a plate full of stuffing keeps me smiling. And Hubby loooves a big traditional dinner like that. I'm sure it will be even better when The Munchkin is older and has half a dozen cousins to play with.

Also a tradition with my Mother in Law was the last minute invite ;) Thursday came and went so we assumed she had decided against it this year. WRONG. Saturday evening I got a phone call inviting us to Thanksgiving dinner Sunday night. When I told her we thought she wasn't doing it this year, she couldn't figure out why. Even though Thanksgiving was on Thursday, and we hadn't heard from her all week, I should have known she would be doing it at some point that weekend. Funny enough we kind of did. We just figured she would call Thursday afternoon with the invite for that evening. We were off by a few days, and she by our standards was a day early!

My family is the complete opposite. We know at least a month in advance when we are doing our holiday dinners, who is hosting, what time we should be there, and who's turn it is to bring the desserts.

I think it's good for me that my in-laws are more spontaneous, it's a regular lesson in flexibility :)

No comments: