Monday, December 13, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree.

I love decorating for Christmas. Unfortunately my budget has never really had room for any quality decorations. Our tree, for example, is a hand-me-down. My first year on my own, my manager had brought her old tree to work with her to throw in the dumpster. Her family had just bought a great big new one that came with the lights already in it. When she found out that I wouldn't be getting a tree that year, she gave me the dumpster bound tree.

Growing up, we had a real tree every year. I was so disappointed that I wouldn't be able to have my own real tree, but at least I had a tree! In the years since I acquired the dumpster tree it had managed to stick around. I just haven't been able to justify buying a new fake tree when I had one that did the trick. This year may just be the last year though. It's looking pretty sad.



It curves to the right, and has some pretty substantial bare spots. Plus, in only holds about a quarter of the decorations I have for it :P Maybe next year when the Munchkin is old enough to appreciate it, we'll get a nice big one. With the light already on it.

No comments: