Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Picture with Santa!

On Wednesday last week we decided to head to the mall for The Munchkin's first picture with Santa. My parents took Roller Auntie and I to see Santa every year since I was born. My mother has kept all the pictures and has made them a part of her decorations. This is a tradition that I am more than happy to carry on.

The Munchkin and I go to a play group on Wednesday mornings. We left a little early so that he would still be in a good mood by the time we got to the mall. We would have gone fist thing in the morning when the Munchkin is usually adorable and chatty, but Santa sleeps in apparently. The Munchkin fell asleep in the car, so we wandered the mall until he woke up and had a snack. I was determined not to get a picture of him crying with Santa. There were only a few people ahead of us, so we didn't have to wait long. I was surprised it wasn't busier, but I guess December 1st isn't as significant as I thought it would be. I make it a rule to wait until December first before I do anything for Christmas.

He did great! The Santa looked a little sketchy, but the Munchkin had no problem hanging out with him. Mrs. Clause was really good at making him smile, so we got a great picture! I'm so proud of my little man :)

No comments: